June 19th 2012
Staging 7:15 to 8:15 pm
Judging by members 8:15 to 8:45 pm
by refreshments approx 8:45pm;
Prize winners & raffle 9:30pm
This takes place on a regular Club evening - only club members may enter the classes.
Click here for printable version of schedule
Entries to be staged by 8:15 p.m.
Members may only exhibit their own produce
Members to provide their own containers
1st prize 50p; 2nd prize 30p; 3rd prize 20p
All exhibits must have an entry card with the exhibitor’s club membership number
UNLIMITED NUMBER OF ENTRIES
NO ENTRY FEES
ROSES - with or without own foliage
1. HT 3 blooms, any one variety or mixed
2. HT 1 bloom
3. Any other variety - 3 stems (see guidance notes)
4. Any other variety 1 stem or bloom (see guidance notes)
5. Geranium any type, any size pot (see guidance notes)
6. Any other pot plant - pot not exceeding 13cms diameter inside
top of pot
ANY OTHER FLOWER - with or without own foliage (not shrubs)
7. 1 bloom or stem
8. 3 blooms or stems
9. Vase of mixed flowers (any dimension)
10. Vase of mixed flowers, no dimension to exceed 6 inches
11. 1 stem flowering and/or berrying shrub
12. 3 stems flowering and/or berrying shrub
Guidance Notes for Exhibitors and Judges
other variety' includes Floribunda Hybrid Tea type, Hybrid Polyantha
Shrub or other roses grown and staged in trusses. Single, semi-double or
fully double blooms should be regarded as of equal merit provided they
are typical of their species.
variety of geranium can be shown; flowering and non-flowering types,
zonal, regal and ivy-leafed etc., to be judged on their own merit.
Vase of flowering and/or Berrying Shrub
A good proportion of flowers/berries in fresh condition. Any foliage MUST still be attached to the the flower/shrub stem.
Vase of Mixed Flowers
Blooms and foliage should be fresh and free from blemish with a number of varieties.
At the Midsummer Show, members are the judges and we hope that all members will
Voting is with coloured discs, available on the night:
Red disc: 1st choice
Blue disc: 2nd choice
Yellow disc: 3rd choice
If you have any queries please consult one of the stewards wearing a green sash.
Liability for loss
Exhibits and other property of exhibitors will at all times be at the risk of exhibitors